Paraplegia is the loss of muscle function in the lower half of the body, including both legs. It is rare as there are fewer than 200,000 US cases per year. Though treatment can help, this condition sadly cannot be cured. It requires a medical diagnosis, where lab tests or imaging are performed. This is a chronic condition that can last for years or be lifelong. It also is a critical injury that needs emergency care. Paraplegia can occur after a spinal cord injury. It’s caused by damage to the vertebrae, ligaments, or disks of the spinal column. Rehabilitation, medications, and medical devices allow many people with spinal cord injuries to lead productive, independent lives. Such a devastating injury may be the result of a negligent act, and may entitle the victim and their loved ones to recover for various damages, including lost income, medical costs, and pain and suffering.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident involving paraplegia, it is important to have a skilled personal injury attorney to represent you and to fight for your rights. That’s where I come in. Based in Fall River, I’ll help you determine if you there is a viable case and who may be responsible for the accident. I am a lawyer experienced in the area of paraplegia that will help you recover applicable lost wages, medical bills, as well as pain and suffering. Call for a free consultation today.
If you or a loved one need help with a paraplegia claim, please call Attorney Angelo at (508) 675-7600.
– Negotiate your claim to achieve maximum success
– Assist you in finding proper medical care
– Help analyze your losses and calculate any applicable future financial needs
– Obtain and evaluate medical records and bills
– Seek reimbursement and or payment of medical bills, and applicable lost wages
– Gather any needed expert opinion, and if applicable assign an investigator
– Work zealously on your behalf with all insurers
I never charge for consultations. Call, email, or visit to tell me about your case and I’ll give you legal advice at no cost. Furthermore, if you choose my office to represent you, you won’t have to pay until the case is successfully resolved.
– 34 Years Experience
– I offer free consultations
– Conveniently located office in downtown Fall River and New Bedford
– Available 24/7