In Massachusetts a dog owner is liable if their dog causes personal injury and the injured person did not trespass, cause another negligent act or provoke the dog. Massachusetts law is a strict liability state. That means that someone who is injured by a dog does not need to show that the dog owner was at fault. The dog owner would be held liable for injuries even if they had no prior knowledge that the dog would bite or attack. The injury does not need to arise from a bite. It can occur simply from an attack, such as being knocked down.
If you need help with a dog bite or dog attack claim, it is important to have a skilled attorney to represent you and to fight for your rights. That’s where I come in. Based in Fall River, I’ll help you determine if there is a viable case and who may be responsible for the incident. I’m an experienced dog bite and dog attack lawyer that will help you recover applicable lost wages, medical bills, as well as pain and suffering. Call for a free consultation today.
If you or a loved one need help with a dog bite claim, please call Attorney Angelo at (508) 675-7600.
– Negotiate your claim to achieve maximum success
– Assist you in finding proper medical care
– Help analyze your losses and calculate any applicable future financial needs
– Obtain and evaluate medical records and bills
– Seek reimbursement and or payment of medical bills, and applicable lost wages
– Gather any police and or animal officer report, any needed expert opinion, assign an investigator
– Work zealously on your behalf with all insurers
I never charge for consultations. Call, email, or visit to tell me about your case and I’ll give you legal advice at no cost. Furthermore, if you choose my office to represent you, you won’t have to pay until the case is successfully resolved.
– 34 Years Experience
– I offer free consultations
– Conveniently located office in downtown Fall River and New Bedford
– Available 24/7